I've already got my favourite quotes in the margin to the right, but this weeks theme from The Broke and the Bookish calls for quotes specifically from books, so I had to look around a bit. I'm not sure how inspirational these are, but they would work for me.
Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books!
- Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. Neil Gaiman - Coraline
- "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to." "I don't much care where." "Then it doesn't matter which way you go." Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland
- Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. Douglas Adams - The long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
- If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. Haruki Murakami - Norwegian Wood
- Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss - Cat in the Hat
- Flirting with madness was one thing; when madness started flirting back, it was time to call the whole thing off. Rohinton Mistry - A Fine Balance
- You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. A.A. Milne - Winnie the Pooh
- Some are born weird, some achieve it, others have weirdness thrust upon them. Dick Francis - To the Hilt
- In the end, it is my belief, words are the only things that can construct a world that makes sense. Kate Atkinson - Behind the Scenes at the Museum