This weeks theme from The Broke and The Bookish is Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors
Yeah, right. I couldn't narrow it down to a hundred, so ten is no problem at all...
But say that I'm suddenly picked for a Mission to Mars or Neptune or something and I can only bring books by ten authors to last me for eternity or whenever the first martian bestseller is released.
- Audrey Niffenegger - Because if I could only choose one book to read over and over again for the rest of my life it would be the Time traveler's wife. (Sad, I know.)
- Douglas Adams - Because no trilogy (with three or more parts) have ever managed to create such a profound change in the way so many people see themselves and the world we live in. And if I'm going to Mars I'm going to need the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. And a towel.
- Anna Gavalda - Because of her beautiful characters and intense insights. Hunting and gathering might just be the best book ever written.
- Neil Gaiman - Because he's amazing and I have only just begun to scratch the surface of his amazing bibliography. Sometimes he's to scary for me, but I'll just have to read those passages with my hands before my eyes.
- Kate Atkinson - Because I love the way she writes, the way she uses language to create images and emotions I've never experienced before, and her sense of humor.
- Jasper Fforde - Because he's just as amazing as mr Gaiman, and not scary at all! Unfortunately I've read most everything he's written, but I don't mind repeating a good read.
- Marika Cobbold - Because I love her leading ladies. They're broken and human in the most beautiful way. And it is so cool to see ones home country through a British lens. It looks so exotic!
- Harlan Coben - Because if I'm going to be stuck on boring Mars (or Neptune) for ever, I want Myron and Win with me.
- J K Rowling - Because the world of magic is not a bad place to recharge your imagination, and those seven Harry-books are a seriously great read.
- Alexander McCall Smith - Because he's written lots of books. I love the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency, but have still not read any of the others, so there might be more gems.